Things have been quiet recently on the website whilst I've been travelling back to the UK. Whilst there I took the time to sit down with my good friend Jim Bennett and talk about technical tests. I loved his article he wrote for CJIQ (you can see the post here) which I took a ton of value from and really wanted to sit down with him and expand the discussion. We ended up talking for an hour but it's packed with incredible information, including:
- The benefits and negatives of moving abroad during your career
- What are technical tests and what are companies trying to achieve with them?
- The truth that companies want you to succeed
- Why most interviews suck
- Why you need to contact the interviewing team directly
- How to use the job spec to write the best code
- The tips you need to follow to give you the best chance of progressing